We do a lot, and we’re good at what we do!
What we offer:
Upper Removable Appliance – Interceptive treatment to help fix cross bites.
Space maintainer/ holding arch
Used to maintain gaps from the early removal of baby teeth.
A device used to widen the arch of upper jaw.
Stop thumb sucking and/or finger habits.
Fixed and Removable Retainers
Sports mouth guard.
Contact us now for your Invisalign consultation!
Congratulations, you now have a Great Grin!!
But, we want it to stay that way. Everything in our body shifts over time, from waistlines to hair lines and also the positioning of your teeth. It is called the ageing process. To ensure that your teeth do not move, we will provide you with either a fixed or removable custom made retainer.
Fixed retainers are thin custom made stainless steel wires that are bonded behind the upper and lower front teeth.
It is important to brush carefully around these wires and to use a mouthwash twice a day, the keep the wires and the surrounding teeth plaque free.
If your wire breaks, bends or becomes detached from the teeth – CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY.
Clear removable retainers are made from a special plastic and are designed to fit over the entire arch of the teeth.
- You need to wear your retainer exactly as instructed by the Orthodontist or Assistant.
- Remove your retainer when eating, brushing your teeth, swimming or playing contact sport.
- Always place your retainers in their box and then place the box in your pocket or bag when not being worn. Do not wrap your retainer in a napkin, they can break. (Most retainers are lost in school lunch rooms or restaurants. Pets love to chew on plastic retainers too – be warned).
- Keep our retainers away from heat (hot water, direct sunlight, hot car dashboards etc.) as they will distort. If this occurs the retainer will stop fitting well, feel tight and could even move your teeth undesirably.
- Clean your retainers daily with cold (not hot) water and a soft toothbrush. You can use dishwashing detergent such as Sunlight Liquid, but avoid using toothpaste.
- At least once a week, soak your retainers in a denture cleaner such as Polident or Steradent. These cleaning tablets can be found in any supermarket or pharmacy.
- Please be gentle when handling your retainers as they can easily break.
Please contact our office immediately if:
- You lose or damage your retainers
- You feel your teeth are moving even though you are wearing your fixed or removable retainer.
- The retainer does not sit perfectly onto your teeth.
- The retainer feels tight when you are wearing them.
Unfortunately, without the use of retainers, your teeth will most likely move. To keep that Great Grin, we recommend that you wear your retainers for life.